Monday, June 15, 2009

Unsent Letter #3 - Spring 2009

J,

The way you treat people, and especially the way you treat me and J - and even our son on occasion has never been OK with me - and I'm beginning to see that it never will be any different.

I am unwilling and unable to have any sort of a relationship with you.

The thing that continues to stick out in my mind is what J's counselor has said - that even without the examples of mistreating J I gave her, the way you have treated both J and I continually over the years are NOT GOOD INDICATORS OF HOW YOU WILL TREAT OUR CHILDREN IN THE FUTURE.

It seems important to you to keep us in the gutters. And after a lifetime of treating J this way, you may be able to keep him there.

But you will never keep me there, and you will never keep my children there.

You like to comment on what you think our socio-economic position is. And I think my grandma had a great response. "J. is poor. Poor in spirit." I'd have to say I agree.

Whatever your beef is with J or his work ethic or his relapses, the truth of the matter is that you are at the root of all of that. You are the most unkind person I have ever met in my life - you and your wife and your family that steals from each other and fights over money. It makes me sick. All of you make me sick. There is nothing about you that I would want for my children. Nothing.

You have nothing to offer. All you have done is caused pain. It is painful to even be around you. It is painful to live in the aftermath of what you have created. It is painful to know that my children even bear a part of you.

And I want nothing further to do with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment