Monday, June 1, 2009

Wife Beater


My son earned a new belt in taekwondo this afternoon. My husband had told my son he would be there and so I texted him half-way through class to ask him if he had promised him to be there. He came from his condo for the end of class, which luckily is nearby.

I know it meant a lot to my son to have him there, but seriously, I am sick of having to remind him of everything. I manage every aspect of our children's lives. I don't know why he can't keep better track of their schedules.

Afterwards, I made the mistake of asking him about the deposit he has been promising to make to my account for days. I guess that's too much to ask when someone tells you they will do something and continually just doesn't bother.

So, he started getting heated and I put the kids in the car and so I shut my door quickly and locked the door. He lunged towards me right as I locked it and started screaming at me. Luckily since the door was closed the kids couldn't hear anything. But he started pounding loudly on the window.

I told him to move. He wouldn't. So I couldn't back the car out without running over him, or at least his feet. He wouldn't move away from the car. He just kept pounding the window and screaming the F-word at me.

I told him to move again and he finally did, so I backed up and got the hell out of there. I saw one of the other mothers on my way out, and from the look on her face, she saw everything.

Why would he to pull this right in the Taekwondo parking lot- where I go with my kids 2-3 times a week religiously? And he has only been a few times.

So, when we got home, I told the kids to run in so I could quickly secure all the doors from the inside. They kept saying, why is daddy acting so scary?I didn't have an answer, but I told them not to unlock the doors for anyone.

He keeps texting me. He told me again that I am an evil woman.

I had told him not to ever pound on my window again like a wife beater and that he had better put some money in my account or I would have a judge take it directly out of his checks every month.

Now he tells me he is getting an ulcer from the stress.

LOL, the man who refuses to ever take care of himself or even go to the doctor?

Seriously, how stupid does he think I am!?

He doesn't have a freakin' ulcer!

3 comments:

  1. You are so much nicer than me.. I so would've run him over, accidently of course, about 6 times.. I'll take claim to the "evil" crown for you. You are doing everything right. He is a jerk and it sucks that he doesn't give a shit about his kids enough to keep his temper under control, not to mention acting a fool in a public parking lot.. I'm sure an ulcer will be the least of his worries by the time you're done with him. You are emerging...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I pray you are safe right now. It sounds like he has quite a temper. Take care of yourself please and your kids. Please keep me posted~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it is better to "forget" to remind him to show up at events? That kind of behavior in front of his kids is far worse than not having daddy show up at events. This tells H how men treat women. It tells your son exactly who your husband is. I'm concerned because the anger and behavior seem to be escalating.

    Maybe it is time to involve the attorney?

    ReplyDelete