Saturday, June 6, 2009

Resentful

I am really in a rotten mood this morning.

I have not heard back from my husband since I snapped at him. Probably good in many ways, but then I find myself wondering if I pushed him off the edge and he started drinking last night.

I wonder when this blame game will ever be over. Him blaming me, me blaming him, me blaming everyone who doesn't do things the way I want them to.

I feel very exhausted by the job of being a single mom right now. It's never ending. My mom and sisters are helping a lot but I think I'm also just emotionally tired.

I missed my Al-Anon meeting yesterday because I was taking care of a clients loan file. And I found myself resenting them this morning. Then I realized how stupid that was. They never asked me to miss my meeting. They don't even know I go to meetings. They are lovely people. I am just always trying to fix things for everybody else and then I get mad when there is no time left for me.

I missed my women's weekend to go to a funeral. And in retrospect I think I really needed that weekend alone out in the middle-of-nowhere. I have such a firm sense of right and wrong but lately it seems when I do all the "right" things, I only find myself alone and tired. (And resentful.)

2 comments:

  1. Being a single parent is as exhausting as it is rewarding and the majority of it is mental fatique, not necessarily caused by the children but the situations that surround the children and our need to make their world perfect. - We don't have to, they love us anyway... - I know it's difficult to find "me time", other than late at night after the kids have gone to bed and the phone stops ringing.. But that's not real "me time" because that time is reserved for worrying.. 15 minutes a day. Try to find 15 minutes to yourself to just be, look up to the sky, gather flowers, bask in the sun and truly feel it's warmth. Behind every great child is a Mom who took a bit of time to just be.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right. It's not the kids themselves at all...more good advice!

    ReplyDelete