Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy Days are Here to Stay (or not)


I am having a very hard time concentrating today and I have a lot to do, so that’s not a good thing.

My husband is still not giving us the money he promised. Yesterday, his excuse was that the $10,000 check that was deposited would not clear until midnight. He said he would go first thing in the morning, but of course didn’t.

Now he says that he is “tight”.

Where did the $10,000 go?

Every day it is a different story, and I called him on this and said that it seems like he is using again.

LOL You have to be kidding me? That’s what you think?...I bust my ass everyday to try and make money, and you accuse me of using? Nice!

I told him, I am writing down everything, so keep your stories straight!

He responded by saying I have selective hearing. “Write that down!”

I am worried about what I am going to do. I have been a mortgage broker for more than 10 years now, but I am commission income only, and it seems like rates are going up, which will make things much harder.

I am looking for another job.

But I am also worried about my kids and how they will do with all of this, especially if I have to work all the time to support us.

I started selling things on E-Bay a few months ago. We did have a nice lifestyle at one point, so I had some expensive things to sell, but only at a fraction of the original price.

It’s very depressing.

Last week I sold a Louis Vuitton purse with all the accessories – checkbook cover, makeup bag, appointment book.

I remembered the day I got it – on Christmas Day many years ago. It’s not so much that I am sad to sell my things. I suppose it was the memory that something better was coming.

When I got the purse, it was after my husband had been sober for about a year. It seemed like we were finally coming out of that financial mess and that happier days were here to stay….


How wrong I was.

2 comments:

  1. The mtg. industry is so tough right now.. I was a title examiner - in a past life - and caught the tail end of that downward spiral. I'm sorry you have to sell your things.. I remember being devestated losing so many of my "things", selling them, letting them get repo'd.. I finally just had to look at it as tho there had been a fire. My kids and I got out and that was what was important, still is.
    Still depressing at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - great analogy - thank you!

    ReplyDelete