Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sleep = A Sound Mind


I slept for nearly 12 hours last night. I started getting a sore throat yesterday and decided to put the kids down early, because my daughter has been cranky too. I think the sleep did us all some good.

I had a lot of dreams and I am still digesting them. I have not been rested for a long time. My sleep hasn't been what it should be, and it is amazing what a difference even one night of sound sleep can make.

I still have a sore throat, but my mind feels clearer.

Louise Hay says a sore throat comes from the inability to speak up for one's self. Swallowed anger. Stifled creativity. Refusal to change.

Yep, that sounds like me!

I realized this morning that I have been wasting so much energy on fighting my husband. I have thought that fighting on my phone via texting was better because the kids couldn't hear it, but it still gets my blood pressure up. And there is never any resolution. And those hours I am texting could be spent with my kids. I am always shocked when people take their kids somewhere and just sit there and text. So I hope I haven't let my anger take me to that level at home, even when there are empty spaces. If nothing else, they will pick up on my energy.

I am so disappointed with my husband and his family. But I have placed way to much emphasis on them in my life. Expecting them to change. And none of them have any intention of changing. They think they are just fine the way they are.

So I have to learn to let go...

1 comment:

  1. Standing ovation just for you Miss Sula! Rock on!!!

    ReplyDelete