Monday, June 8, 2009

Picnic


We went to the end of the year school picnic as a family tonight. I just picked up some pizzas on the way but it was actually great. As a "couple" on a social level we actually get along really well (so long as my husband is not drinking).

This is the end of our sons 3rd year in Montessori and I really like the families we have been in with. My husband met a few men that he really gets along well with. He hasn't interacted with these families nearly as much as I have but he's good at walking right in anywhere and becoming friends with everyone.

The kids were happy he was there too.

My son’s teachers know what has been going on at home but other than that, no one does. Even last year when J was in rehab for 90 days, it is not anything I shared with anyone. There's such a stigma with alcoholism and I haven't wanted my son to be singled out or be the family that no one wants to be around.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!!! A happy day!!! Don't over analyze it just say thank you and keep that smile on your face! =)

    I wanted to share with you, that I support you on this journey, every which way it takes you, as long as your children and you are safe.

    I'm one of those people that if you don't like him on Monday, I won't either but if you like him again on Tuesday, I'm right there with you too! Until you get it all figured out in your own heart and mind, ya' know? No judgement calls. I've been where you are and I can see you're making progress and you're going to be just fine and your kids are going to be just fine.. Even if you can't quite see it right now.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I appreciate that very much!

    ReplyDelete