Friday, June 5, 2009

Group Interview


I honestly can't tell if the interview went well yesterday or not. I do think I probably looked OK because when I went to Kinkos to get my copies, the guy started flirting with me and gave me all my copies for free.

I haven't had anyone flirt with me for so long that when he said they're on me, I made a total idiot of myself and was like, What? What did you say?

I don't think he really wanted to advertise that he was giving away free copies, but he repeated, it's OK, they're on me. He gave me a huge smile, I blushed, said thank you and sort of stumbled away.

So I left a little flustered, but glad that someone had noticed me and been kind.

I couldn't sleep the night before and had been up at 3am so I felt out of sorts all day. I actually got lost going back to my moms condo to pick up my kids. When my first husband and I split up, I found myself constantly getting tickets, getting completely lost, running over nails, just random things. I haven't had a ticket once since then, but I remember at that time, it was so bad that they threatened to take away my license. Of course, being 23 doesn't help either...

In any case, I have not had an interview in 5 years, since I started at the current mortgage company I'm at. And a lot has changed in 5 years. For one thing, this was a group interview, and I was in with 2 other women and 2 interviewers. It often takes me a while to get to know people and feel comfortable around them. And I'm not a competitive person, so I'm not sure this was the best setting for me. Halfway through I looked up at the clock and wished to GOD it would end soon!

Either way, it was good practice for me to get an interview in and I really like the magazine and what they are trying to do. They have a great slogan - Happily Ever Now - and its all about promoting that its OK to be a single parent and you don't have to wait for your prince (or princess) to come to be happy.

Ah well, back to what's important...my son just walked in with total bed-head and threw his arms around me. I asked him, how come I love you so much? He started backing away, gave me a huge smile and answered, because of my butt!, giggling hysterically down the hall...

1 comment:

  1. Lol.. I loved the end of your post.. =) Made me smile.. I'm sure the interview went fine and your attitude is great, even if you don't get the job it was good practice. I know it's a little scary getting back out but you'll feel so wonderful once you're fully there.. And the whole flirting thing.. That's so funny because I felt the same way.. I mean you're married forever and you almost forget what it was like but that too is wonderful.. ;)

    ReplyDelete