Monday, May 11, 2009

Meeting with the Counselor

The counseling session was pretty bad.

The counselor started by asking us what was going on and said that she had received my message about my husband not coming home. That seemed to aggregate him.

It seems like we spent most of the session blaming each other. Me for him not coming home and him saying I wasn't trying to save our marriage.

I don't think either of us can see the others perspective. To me, working on the marriage does not include not coming home all night long.

Especially when I have told him repeatedly that is non-negotiable for me.

I don't see what I can work on at this point. The counselor said that I seem pretty sure that I want a divorce so perhaps we should work on arrangements to make it easier on the kids.

She said it was very important for them to continue to see their dad. We made a temporary agreement for him to see the kids at the house with me there on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30-730 and on Saturdays from 11:30-3.

I told them I was not comfortable with him taking the kids anywhere on his own without regular drug and alcohol tests He got really sarcastic and angry with that and said, would you like to administer that Sula?

I said, No, I just want to protect my kids.

All afternoon he has been texting an calling, asking me to reconsider.

He wants to go to marriage counseling. He brought that up with the Counselor and I reminded him that I had told him many times to find one and he never had. I bring our son to counseling every week and meet with his counselor regularly.

He can say all he wants but I am doing everything.

As I was walking to my car he yelled out at me, you're making a mistake.

4 comments:

  1. I've know people who used and they werent the same as when they didnt use. Its like dealing with a second person.


    this must be impossibly difficult

    tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tracy. I really is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay focused. You can do this. I'm not convinced he is fighting for the marriage. Seems more like he is fighting for someone not to leave him. This might actually make it easier for him to move on. He can convince himself that he said everything he could and it wasn't his fault.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I think you are right Day. It seems like he is really holding on to something that doesn't even suit him or make him happy.

    ReplyDelete