Monday, May 18, 2009

The Afternoon from Hell!


When we got home, there was an envelope in the mail from my father-in-law.

I thought it was probably (finally) our tax information that we need to file our taxes. But no, it was an advice column from Suze Orman’s January column in O Magazine about how to manage your money.

First of all, I already get and read that magazine every month and have already told him I have all her books - and have read them. Second, what does he not understand about STOP GIVING ME ADVICE?! Ugh!

Perhaps my husband should read the article. The check he wrote me last week bounced this morning. He put some more money in my account, but I am still not getting enough from him to remotely cover our expenses. Good thing I'm back at work or I would be completely screwed.

Then my husband decided to “stop by” and wondered why I was irritable. UGH. This is not come and go as you please. I think that’s completely confusing and disruptive for the children.

He is telling them things that are completely different than I am. He keeps telling them that we’re going to work this out so he can come home soon. I have made no promises to my children either way. When it is completely finished or we can come to some sort of an agreement, then we can sit down and talk. But giving them information about him coming home or not coming home doesn’t seem right to me.

It's also just disrespectful to me to stop in. He has no idea what I have to go through to work a full time job in the hours that I have and manage the kids all afternoon. I love being with my kids, but it is very stressful to manage everything.

My husband is upset that he has to sleep on a couch at the condo. Well, guess what, that’s called cause and effect.

He did finally sit down with our son, per my request, and tell him that it was not right for him not to come home. I don’t ever want my son to pull this shit with his own family – and I don’t ever want my daughter to be in my situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment