Monday, May 18, 2009

Day with my Children

My husband came to my daughter’s birthday celebration at school today. He said he got bad advice from his dad about not coming to the party.

I told him both my friend D, who was sick, and my grandma who just found out she has lung cancer the day before gave me the courtesy of calling and letting me know they couldn't make it to the party.

My husband said he was coming, then on his way and finally no-showed.

After school I took my children to lunch. I told them as we were walking in, You guys are so cute!

My son said No.

I thought he meant he was too old to be cute so I said, OK,You guys are wonderful!

No

Fantastic?!

Fabulous?!

Adorable?!

Terrific?!

No No. No. No

Finally I said, Then what do you think you are?

He said, terrible.

Oh no. Why do you think that?, I asked.

Because my dad didn't come home.

I told him that his dad had made some bad choices but they were no reflection on him.

He said, but why didn't he even come to his own birthday party?

Finally he said, well at least he came today.

No comments:

Post a Comment