Thursday, July 16, 2009

Staying at my In-Laws


I think my husband is reading the blog.

He hasn't admitted to it, but that's the feeling I get in talking to him.

In any case, it hasn't changed what I'm willing to write about like I thought it might.

My husband ended up staying at his parents house. I'm not sure how long this will last, but that's where he has been the last few nights. The house is very large, but I imagine it is uncomfortable for him. Neither my father-in-law or the Fourth Wife are gracious people. Even spending an hour in their home is torturous. Everything is just so and they know nothing about hospitality.

I remember the Fourth Wife telling me that she doesn't celebrate holidays because its too much work for the woman. They usually play golf instead. I found it insulting because there I was working, taking care of two kids, a house and everything else - and I ALWAYS go all out for every holiday. So do all the women in my family. All she does is, well, nothing.

Too much work? What else does she have to do?

I imagine he will move on shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment