Monday, July 13, 2009

Sucking it Up


I was pretty proud of my husband today. He texted me in the morning and told me he was going to be a man and I was thinking, yeah right. But when I asked him about where he was moving late afternoon, he had found a place. And I don't think it could have worked out better. A friend offered to let him stay in his home. He was hesitant because he lives with his wife so he offered another house he has that is fully furnished and empty, where he can stay for a while free of charge.

I told him I was happy that he wasn't going to try forcing living together. I don't see that going well.

Someone commented that what my father-in-law said in his email wasn't that bad. But to me, it is. I told him months ago that I was done with him but he continually ignores my boundaries. And I have been sucking it up. For years. And 5 months of rehab. And 3-4 years of heavy, unbearable drinking. So for him to say anything to me, let alone about sucking it up, is bullshit. As someone else said, he should suck it up and do something about his son.

That being said, I think this was a nice message from my husband, and the first sign that he gets it.

Good morning.

I just wanted to let you know that I too received the unsolicited e-mail.

I didn't like that it was sent, but it seems to be true was it was on the front page of the journal this morning.

I have been up thinking most of the night, and I have come up with this; I plan to make other living arrangements, our problems aren't financial, and I have been selfish in the past. I have also felt lonely, abandoned, guilty, and afraid.

Today, that ends. I am a man!

I will be making many decisions about how we will move forward (my part only).

I am tired of all the bullshit. It's time to dig out of this hole and move on.

I love my children and I will always love you as their mother, but if you want to continue to be my wife? we will both have to make a commitment to work on it. Seriously!

I hope this finds you well this morning.

I also hope that you give our family's future some consideration.

I'm done with us being stuck, both emotionally and financially!

I will be making the necessary adjustments to move us out of each. Let me know if you would like to have some input.

Love always,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment