Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Fourth of July


I'm headed to the beach for Fourth of July with the kids. It is our tradition to stay with my dad and his wife at their home there. My husband will not be going this year. Last year, he was at Betty Ford, and the year before was when it was apparent he was drinking again. I took the kids down early and he was supposed to meet us after work. He did not show up for dinner. My dad's wife wondered if she should keep his food out. We did. I stayed up well past midnight, upset. My parents stayed up pretty late too. I could hear them whispering in the other room. My husband didn't show up until afternoon the next day. It was a hard trip. No one really recovered from that.

I know my husband is sad to be not invited this year, but honestly I feel some relief. I am looking forward to a very relaxing weekend with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment