Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Day


My mom took the kids the night before Thanksgiving so I could get things done. I had a feeling my husband would take issue with that, so I didn't tell him. Lately he always assumes when I have a free night that I am with someone else.

I felt very depressed and didn't get much done, except for moping around. I watched an OK movie and did a little here and there to get ready for the next day.

Thursday morning I woke up and took a walk, which was nice. I rarely have time for that on Thanksgiving Day, and usually I have both my kids, who can't do the big hills by our house very well.

My sister came around noon to help, and my mom brought the kids back a little before that. The best part of my day was the time I spent with my sister. We don't have as much time together lately and I have missed her. We are always silly and light-hearted together.

We decided to sneak out for an hour and go see both of our grandmas. My mom's mom has cancer and it really isn't treatable. She's opted to go out pretty naturally, which I respect. I think I would want the same thing. She's still pretty young to be a great-grandma (early 70's) and it does seem like she's too young to die. She has always been very strong and not very emotional. I've only seen her cry a few times, and I remember each scene vividly. It was like something breaking this strong foundation that I love so much. I cry just thinking about it.

She has become slightly more emotional lately - and more into seeing everyone. In the past she was happy to just stay at her house alone. I see a lot of myself in her. Perhaps it is being with an alcoholic for a long time (36 years for my grandma) that wears you down until you just can't show any sign of emotion.

Two of my uncles were over there, and so was my mom. We had a nice visit and I'm glad we went, even though we had the food in the oven and no one was there to watch it, lol!

Then we went over to see my dad's mom, which was a little more difficult. She has always been very clingy, and now moves very slow, so it was difficult to do a quick hello. But as we were leaving my sister said, that was probably the highlight of her week. She loves to see my kids, and I love to see her too. I just have felt very tired and depressed lately, so I don't go lately. Now that I'm back at work, there is little time between that and the kids to just go visit someone.

We rushed to finish everything once we got home, and my husband came, bringing my dear friend T, who does not drive. His partner used to drive him or he would take a bus. Our house is not easy to get to with out a car, so I was grateful to my husband for getting him. He's had a hard year between caring for his sick partner, and then losing him. I love to see T. He is someone who always says exactly what is on his mind, and he always makes me smile. Sometimes he offends people, but I love that about him too. He doesn't tip-toe around anyone. He is fully himself - and there are too few people like that.

My children told their dad about spending the night with their grandma and he came over and asked me about it. It felt more like an accusation than a question. I asked him, "Have you ever made a Thanksgiving dinner with 2 little children around? It's a lot of work."

I resent him even questioning me. He has every night to spend as he wishes. I don't get into his business. He is the one who stepped out of our marriage 3 times, and now he wants to question me? When I'm making a fucking Thanksgiving Dinner??!! I started venting to my mom about it in the kitchen. I thought he had stepped outside, but it turns out he had come back in and probably heard me.

Things were tense. He carved the turkey. We all got our food and sat down to eat. I just started eating.

T. surprised me by asking to say a prayer before dinner. I'm not feeling super religious, so I asked him to do it. It was beautiful.

During dinner, my sister and T made a toast, more to each other than anything, to past, current and future lovers. We all raised our glasses. I actually thought it was a great toast. I could see my husband was visually upset however.

He sort of sulked through the rest of the dinner. My sister ended up taking T home and he stayed and washed most of the dishes. It was nice of him to wash the dishes, but I hate that negative energy there when you know there is something wrong and the person won't just come out with it.

After he left, he texted me about it.

I felt like it was not the Thanksgiving I hoped for, at least not the dinner. The food did not taste especially good to me, and I ended up eating only about half of what I take. Usually I take pride in my cooking and love to eat, but I didn't enjoy the meal the way I had hoped.

1 comment:

  1. Make fast money from hyips smart investments&high yield savings
    HYIP(High Yield Investment Program) is a investment program that anyone can join online and deposit fund, in return the member will earn high interest in short period of time. There are tons of HYIPs on the Internet and most of them are closely monitored by HYIP rating sites and HYIP forums.
    You can find HYIPs from those HYIP rating and monitor sites. makecurrencyonline.com
    and hyipfunding.com are the best hyip rating and monitor sites. They provide a long list of HYIPs with latest comments, rating and payment status on each HYIP. If you plan to join HYIPs, invest only the amount you afford to lose because your principle and profit aren’t guaranteed. Also you will need an Liberty reserve a/c to deposit fund and receive interest & return. What is the Liberty Reserve?
    http://libertyreserve-investment-hyip.blogspot.com/2009/09/what-is-liberty-reserve.html
    Below are steps that can help you get started to invest in HYIP:
    Step 1
    Open an Liberty reserve a/c at http://www.libertyreserve.com You will find detailed
    instructions on how to fund your Liberty reserve a/c from libertyreserve.com
    Step 2
    Visit makecurrencyonline.com and hyipfunding.com and find the HYIPs that interest you. Read the comments and ratings of each HYIP to make sure they are paying to members before you deposit fund to the HYIPs programs you selected. To lower your risk you must diversify your investments into several HYIPs (you may start off with HYIPs).
    Step 3
    Just waiting your payment from your deposited hyips. If a HYIP's website down, there could be 2 possiblility:
    1) They are experiencing technical, IT problems or security issues which wil be back online later usually.
    2) They have closed down and you lose money or you still earn some money overall.
    Again high return means high risk. So only invest the amount you afford to lose.
    Buy/sell liberty reserve,we recommed the following exchange sites
    http://ebuygold.com/
    If you are interested in make money on hyips,We Recommed some good sites for you
    My Favorite HYIP BLOG
    http://makemillionsmoneyonline.blogspot.com
    http://libertyreserve-investment-hyip.blogspot.com

    Make millions liberty reserve and perfectmoney in paying hyips fastest Real Investment
    http://www.payinghyiponline.com

    Make $50k libertyreserve money daily on forex trading
    http://www.libertyreserveforex.net

    Our HYIP rating list has the most reliable and trusted HYIPs.
    http://www.makecurrencyonline.com

    HYIP Monitoring & HYIP Rating. Best HYIP Monitor Help your Investment Grow!
    http://www.hyipfunding.com

    Post Your AD on 1000+ Forums
    The Best HYIP Rating. The Fairest High Yield Investment Programs Monitoring Service
    http://www.yahoomsngroup.com

    ReplyDelete