Saturday, November 14, 2009

Date Night


My husband and I were supposed to have a dinner date last night, but he was more than an hour late and we ended up just driving around and fighting for 2 hours instead. I went to bed without dinner, which is totally unlike me.

I realized that in the past I would have cried my eyes out, but while I was on the verge of tears several times, I did not let myself cry. I guess this is my wall.

I have to say that at the moment I am grateful for the wall. I went to sleep and slept somewhat well all things considered. In the past, I wouldn't have slept and would have woke up exhausted with 2 kids to take care of. Life doesn't stop for your problems - you just have to make due the best you can. I don't have any more time to waste on crying and feeling bad. My kids need me. I have wasted far too many nights crying about how things are - but they are still as they are. Tears don't change anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment