Monday, January 25, 2010

Nothing Has Changed

Things have been going quite a bit better with my husband. The one thing that always fouls us up though is his family.

His dad and the fourth wife will be coming to town in a few days for his aunt's funeral. I have major anxiety about seeing them and have had many nightmares about it. Everyone keeps asking me why I would even put myself through that.

I think for me funerals are just something you go to out of respect. I am not looking forward to seeing them by any means, but I feel that it is something I need to do.

This morning we got in an argument about the kids seeing his parents while they were in town. I still don't want my kids around them, especially without me there to protect them. But I also have no desire to be around them, and don't feel like I should have to do that either at this point.

What I told my husband is that he has been talking about his dad making an amends to me for some time. But that has never happened. And, we have also talked about the AA Leader talking to his dad, and that has not happened. I told him I would be foolish to do anything foolish until they make some changes on their part. I said, I don't even think they are nice to you - I think you are just so used to it that you don't notice how bad it is anymore.

I am very frustrated that we are still in this place. No matter what happens between my husband and me, this is something that will have to be resolved. And I am not willing to compromise anymore. There is just too much water under the bridge. The ball is in my father-in-law's court.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a tough situation. I hope there is some resolution to the conflict.

    ReplyDelete