Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Aunt's Memorial

My husband's family has been trying to figure out what to do about his Aunt's memorial.

The first idea was that we would all take a weekend trip to the beach together.

This sounded completely insane to me. First of all, no one was getting along when my father-in-law was in a completely different state. I did not think that putting him together with his brother, who still drinks, was a good idea.

I also am not excited to see anyone. I have not seen my father-in-law for a nearly a year. I have not seen his wife in 2-and-a-half years.

I've decided to just suck it up for the service. I had thought about not going, but I don't think I would feel good about that.

It sounds like we will just take a day trip down to a river and spread her ashes. And they will have the memorial service at my in-law's country club. I am sadened by that, as I believe life is sacred, but that is not my decision.

I am hoping everyone can be on their best behavior. I'm not in a good spot to be provoked right now, and I'm not sure how much tongue biting I can do.

But I will try my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment