Saturday, May 22, 2010

Nothing Like Being Home

We celebrated my daughter's 4th birthday party this afternoon with her friends. It was a very fun event and everyone got along well. Afterwards, my daughter was supposed to go back with her dad, but she chose to go with me. He didn't push the issue this time and I think we were all happier for it.

I think that if we allow her to make this transition on her own timeline, her relationship with her dad will be better and she will remain a whole individual.

I am enjoying the time with her. We had a special dinner together and have had fun opening all her new toys. There is no one I would rather be with than my children. I had a nice time last night with friends - and a very great group of women. I feel blessed to have the relationships I have in my life. But at the end of the day, there is just nothing like being home with my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment