Friday, May 21, 2010

My Name

The other part of the draft that I do not agree to (and was never talked about) is that the kids can take on no other sur-name.

There is no mention of me taking back my maiden name, which I certainly want to do legally. I have already gone back to it socially and every other way. I want nothing to do with that family name.

In fact, if I had it my way, I would have the kids change to my name too.

But now that they mention it in the documents, there is no reason the kids can not take a hyphenated name with both our last names. Why is his family name so precious? Because they have money? Because that is the only part of the kids they can claim?

I don't want to have anything to do with that dirty lot - and I certainly don't want my kids to either.

No comments:

Post a Comment