Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Cost


My husband just left and I am once again disappointed. It seems there will be no easy way out of this. His dad paid his $5,000 retainer for his divorce attorney. So much for coming to an amicable agreement on our own.

It amazes me that there is no money to pay bills or take care of the majority of the needs of our children, including counseling for our son or even getting his cavities filled - but there is money for an attorney, which will surely cost more than $5,000. If that is not abuse and neglect, I don't know what is.

Apparently it is more important for my husband and his father to protect their money than to take care of these kids.

I have no doubts about the validity of my case. My husband has a felony conviction for cocaine possession and has been in 2 rehabs for a total of more than 5 months since we've had our kids. So a lot of the things he is saying to me right now are laughable.

I know I can win in court. The question is at what cost?

I just want to move on with my life. But that said, I am also tired of him and his dad fucking with me, and I'm not just going to roll over either.

No comments:

Post a Comment