Thursday, September 24, 2009

Diary of a Mad Black Woman


I have been slowly renting all the Tyler Perry movies I can get my hands on, and this was one of my favorites. My kids and I have both grown to love Madea. Not only is she hysterically funny, but there is a lot of truth in these movies. I found myself sobbing at this one. It hit pretty close to home. My house isn't nearly that nice, but I recognized myself in the lifestyle trap of the main character (the mad black woman!). I also saw my own bitterness and anger at my situation. I have been trying to get past that through various methods. I noticed at church the other week when we were reciting the Lord's Prayer, that my voice sort of caught on the part about "as we forgive those who trespass against us..." So I have been going back to some of my old standbys like the Tao and You can heal your life. But somehow I think the mixture of the hysterical laughter and the sobs did more for me than any of that has lately.

3 comments:

  1. Tyler Perry is AMAZING! I watch all his work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he is!! I am slowly catching up!! But I LOVE him!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, just watched What's done in the Dark over the weekend - have you seen that play? LOL, love the song about all the things women do for their kids in response to the Dr. wanting a receipt for what his ex-wife spent her child support money on!!

    ReplyDelete