Saturday, September 19, 2009

Power


My mom has been helping me pick up the kids from school nearly every day. The other day, J. came home with a new martial arts poster. He is working on getting his next belt after orange, and I am very proud of all he has accomplished in class. He recently brought home an Outstanding Achievement Award and a coupon for a free pizza. He insisted on going to get the pizza right then, LOL. I really loved what he picked out for his poster.

POWER

"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who controls himself is mightier still." - Lao Tzu.

2 comments:

  1. I've always been very interested in Martial Arts. One day I hope to learn one of them. Congratulations to your son for accomplishing what he has! It is a beautiful and powerful poster. If you don't mind my asking, what type of Martial Arts is your son in?

    thewheverblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We call it Taekwondo because that's what he initially wanted to take. But he's only 6 and his teacher explained that at that age, it's really more of a mix of all of them - I think his teacher studied at least 4-5 different forms of martial arts. It has been a wonderful program for him - one of the best activities he's been in.

    ReplyDelete