Thursday, September 17, 2009

Just for Today


I was up most of the night with my daughter. Both of us are sick again, and exhausted. She coughed through the night and had a horrible fever. I was so worried, because the next day I had promised to go on my son's Insect Safari field trip, and I did not want to break my promise to him to be there.

The day before my mom told me she wanted me to consider her as my partner and not hestitate to ask for help. I can not begin to thank my mom for all she does, day-in, day-out to help with my kids. Raising kids is not a one-person job. I don't believe it has to be a man-woman job, but I do think it takes at least 2 people.

I have been so grateful for all the friends who have stepped in to help me with my kids. Sometimes I feel completely overwhelmed, but then I get an email or a card from someone. Or yesterday my friend T sent her camera (mine got lost) and some clothes. I was so excited to have some new things to wear! I have not had a budget that allows for buying new clothes for a while now, and I have also been gaining weight so a lot of my things are tight. It's those little things that get me through.

The other day I pulled out the photo albums and felt so grateful for all the wonderful people in our lives. I have truly been blessed with some wonderful friends and family.

But that said, I am really, really tired today. My daughter, LOL, popped right up out of bed at 6:30 and announced, "I'm ready to get up now!"

She was completely better! Her fever had broke and she was ordering me around the house (which was probably good today because I was sick and tired!).

I am hoping to take it easy the next few days and get better. My perspective is so much brighter when I am rested and well. I enjoyed my son's field trip so much. But coming back to the office was a let down. I'm having a hard time concentrating. There are so many things that I wish were different right now. But they are not. So for today, I will just do the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment