Thursday, February 11, 2010

Feeling Grateful

I am feeling very grateful today. This has been a hard couple of years but I feel like I am finally moving in the right direction.

I looked through some of the pictures on our family blog from years back. What struck me most was all the happiness my children, my friends and my family have brought me. I was struck by these lines from the verse on Love in The Prophet by Khalil Gibran. This entire poem was read at our wedding.

Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself.
But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:
To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.
To know the pain of too much tenderness.
To be wounded by your own understanding of love;
And to bleed willingly and joyfully.


Even though my marriage was not a "success", I do feel that I did this, and the love I received back was ten-fold from most of the people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment