Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Old Behavior


My husband and I have been exchanging way too many texts about our marriage and what we are going to do. There seems to be no peace and quiet.

He was an hour late for dinner last night and we spent the hour he was here mostly arguing. I told him the reason he is coming is so we can eat dinner as a family. I think that's important for the kids no matter what is going on for us.

Instead, after he was more than half an hour late, the kids and I ate without him, and he ate when he arrived by himself. I told him again he does not act like someone who wants to be married. He said all the financial commitments are keeping him from being on time, but he has never been on time.

LOVED this quote off one of the Alanon boards!!!

..."If I am still doing it, it isn't old behavior"...

No comments:

Post a Comment