Sunday, December 27, 2009

Walking Away

I'm realizing more and more that I really enjoy the peaceful life without my husband. The times with just me and the kids - or with other friends and family are just relaxing and without any sort of drama. Bring him into the picture, whether it be physically or on the phone, and there is always intense negativity.

I am increasingly certain that what I want is a divorce.

I don't know how to accomplish that financially. I feel overwhelmed with out existing obligations, and I know very well that a lot of that will not be something I can maintain on my own - or even walk away from without a lot of problems.

That said, I also need to finally acknowledge (and accept) that my husband screwed us financially and it has been years of me waiting on him to "fix it", and things keep getting worse.

I'm going to have to walk away from something.

I need to figure out a way to support me and the kids. I don't know what that will be at this point, but there has to be some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment