Monday, June 7, 2010

Church

My daughter is not adjusting well to the time with her dad. I have talked to him about this, but there does not seem to be an agreement there.

He took the kids this weekend. He picked them up around 3 and called me a few hours later to say it was not going well and that maybe I should just take our daughter. When I tried to get more information he got frustrated and was just like, Fine! I'll take her!

Great!

On Sunday, we met at church. Everyone was already seated around us and I walked in a few minutes late. As soon as I sat down he greeted me with, "Late night?"

I don't know what he is trying to accomplish there, but I have gone to that church since I was a child so regardless of what he tries to do or say, he is the one who looks like an ass.

When church was over, I was busy getting ready for next weeks service, which I am coordinating with the youth.

Somehow when he tried to take our daughter out to the car, they started fighting. He had taken them to Denny's for breakfast and then stopped an got her a donut.

I don't agree with the food choices, but if you give a 4-year-old a donut, you better plan on her eating it.

He decided that he should take the donut from her, which made her freak out.

Then he told us that I could decide when she had the donut.

So I handed it to her.

Then, he freaked out.

He started screaming at me in the church parking lot, with people around, that I needed to work on my parenting skills.

Um, no, I think you do.

So Sunday was a bit rough. I felt like she was adjusting to being with him. She was clingy. She was clearly having a hard time.

Both of her teachers called me this afternoon to discuss her behavior, which was troubling to them.

They told me that she continually says she does not like to be with her dad. They also said that contrary to the story he's been telling me, she always melts down when her dad comes to pick her up and she does not want to go with him.

When one teacher tried to talk to her about what she does with her dad, she said, "He doesn't play with me." They asked what they did and she said, "He watches TV with me."

I know they do other things but I am still troubled that she is telling me and everyone else that she doesn't want to be there.

They suggested I put her into counseling, so I made a call to my son's counselor to get her in.

I tried to talk to my ex about this tactfully. I just repeated the facts. While he expressed some concern over her, his main concern was about himself and his own feelings.

I'm tired of nurturing the child in a grown man. This is the job his parents should have done. Now, all three of us are left with the rubble.

2 comments:

  1. This situation is crap, but honestly, I'm glad he lost it in front of other people, so they can back you up later, if need be. Your ex is the child here, unfortunately. Some people never grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about this. :(

    ReplyDelete