Saturday, June 5, 2010

Nana

My kids have been spending a lot of time (comparatively) with my husband's dad and wife. I am not happy about it, but there is nothing I can do.

One thing that grates on my nerves though as that the Fourth Wife insists on the kids calling her Nana.

My kids have a Nana. She is my grandma, the woman who has been in my life since the day I was born and actually is a grandma to both me and my children.

The Fourth Wife has only been available for photo opps. She is no blood relation and the kids have no relationship with her. She has never fostered a relationship with them. She never even offered to babysit. She never did jack shit.

So why she wants to be called Nana is beside me.

I'm all for having many loving people in my kids life. And they call many non-blood family by endearing names, like Auntie or Uncle. But these are people who they want to have a relationship with. They are people that the kids love, who spend time with them and nurture and love them back.

My kids came home last week with this Nana name and I told them, her name is K. That's all I said.

My husband blew up when he found out. What for? I suppose there is money in this new relationship for him.

I can't stop the kids from seeing these people, but I will not foster any sort of a relationship on my end. Those people are nothing but trouble. And their entitlement never ends.

2 comments:

  1. I can sure relate to this. My inlaws are a nightmare. So hard to remain neutral for the girls but I do try.
    Did you ever move? I remember you mentioning that a while back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurie! No, I'm still here :) LOL, will move at some point but I don't know when....

    ReplyDelete