Tuesday, June 15, 2010

End of the School Year

We are finally at the end of what has seemed like a very long school year!

I must take a moment to thank my parents for all of their help!

My dad's wife picks up my son every Tuesday from school. She and grandpa have dinner with him and bring him home. This is very special, consistent time for him - and he really enjoys it!

My mother has picked up the kids 2-3 times a week throughout the year. She has the doctor, taken them to the park - you name it. We have a long drive every morning to school, so I know it is a labor of love for her to come all the way from her house, to both schools, back to our house and then back to her house. (Several hours of driving each day.)

Mom, I couldn't have done it without you!


I feel so blessed to have such wonderful parents - and I know the kids are extra blessed to have amazing Grandparents.

It was a long, hard year, with many challenges we did not expect - but we made it. Apart from a good, strong family, I don't think there is anything more important than education. Thank you to my family for all their help making sure the kids get a good one!

I am also grateful to my ex-husband for paying for it! There were times I didn't think we would make it, but we did! We had not counted on this expense - nearly $30,000!!!! - but when my former father-in-law backed out of his commitment to send the kids to school, their dad made it work. So, that is one thing to be grateful about for sure!

I wish my husband's family would have spent more time, money and attention on their children while they were children. It would have been less expensive in the long-run than drugs, alcohol, rehabs, and therapy. When you let a child grow up in peace and with love, there is a lot less likelihood that they will grow up with psycological or addiction problems. And, oftentimes in a dysfuctional family, education is your only way out.

My wish for every child is that they can obtain the same quality of education my children have been able to get so far. My feeling is that if we reallocated our military budget to our schools, and fostered the growth in our own children instead of mutilating and killing other children, the world would be an entirely different place.

No comments:

Post a Comment