Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Needs

One of the things I thought about during our trip was what my needs are. I ignored them most of my marriage and even afterwards because I felt like I needed to put my kids first. But if I don't meet my basic needs, I can't be a very good mother.

I need DAILY exercise and stretching. Walking and Kundalini Yoga seem to be the best fit for me. Without exercise, I can not clear my mind or the anger that seems to accumulate regarding the situation with my ex. Doing this every day restores me to sanity and frees up my mind to focus on the important things.

I need frequent and satisfying sex.

I need at least 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep every night.

I need some quiet time to myself at least a few times a week to reflect, read and write. This restores me in so many ways.

I need healthy food, which includes enough fruits and vegetables and taking the time to make myself fresh juice every day. This really helps with my energy level.

I have decided that these are the non-negotiables for me from here on out. I won't let anyone else take precedence over these things, because they are just too important to my own well-being.

No comments:

Post a Comment