Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cancer in the Brain

I just got off the phone with my other grandma - my mom's mom. The cancer has now spread everywhere, including her brain. They are doing some radiation, which she previously did not want to do - and my aunt and uncle are coming out to say goodbye from Texas.

I am going to try to spend as much time as possible with her. I'm so glad my uncle is there taking care of her every day. He has even cut way back on his drinking, which is a miracle for him. Whoever says alcoholics can't make choices doesn't know what they are talking about. My uncle may have his issues, but his highest priority has always been his family. I'm very proud of him.

I think it may be harder for my to process this grandma dying because she is so much younger and it seems so premature. I have no doubt that a harder life gave her a shorter life. It makes me sad that she had fewer options. But she does not complain or feel sorry for herself and she does not want any of us to either.

No comments:

Post a Comment