Thursday, July 1, 2010

Manipulation

I am very tired of the manipulation of my former husband. Today I blew up at him over the bankruptcy. Later in the day he told me that if I would have stayed married to him, he would have paid off all the debts. He does not even seem to get why that is wrong. It's not worth even explaining to him. I don't think he will ever get it. I simply told him, if that was the right thing to do, you should have done it regardless.

He keeps telling me he loves me, but I find that hard to believe. The cost of staying with him was too high for me. I am sick about ruining my credit, but I won't play the game with him anymore.

"How can someone tell you, 'I love you,' and then mistreat you and abuse you, humiliate you, and disrespect you? That person may claim to love you, but is it really love? If we love, we want the best for those we love." Mastery of Love(101-102)

No comments:

Post a Comment