Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Kama Sutra

I have devoured the Kama Sutra in the last day or so. It has been on my bookcase for 10-15 years, and I have always meant to read it but never got around to it.

It is a wonderful book and I'd like to read more about both sexuality and Indian religious texts. It has a lot to say about life and love in general. While it is an ancient text, it seems much more open about the realities of love and sex than most people act these days. I have appreciated the frankness and openness of the text.

"The extent of the love of women is not known, even to those who are the objects of their affection, on account of the avarice, and natural intelligence of womankind."

"Women are hardly ever known in their true light, though they may love men, or become indifferent towards them, may give them delight, or abandon them, or may extract from them all the wealth that they possess." (254-255)

No comments:

Post a Comment