Friday, July 2, 2010

A Cold in July

I woke up in the middle of the night with a horrible cold. Louise Hay says colds stem from "Too much going on at once. Mental confusion disorder. Small hurts."

It's also not July weather here. I'm disappointed to be sick. I'm headed out to the beach tomorrow morning to spend 3 days with my dad and his wife at their beach home with the kids. We always have a wonderful time there. It will be very good for the kids to have some time with their grandparents. My dad especially spends a lot of time with my son. I usually see him grow up before my eyes every year.

My daughter is doing much, much better. She has not been forced to go with her father. I think our time with the counselor was well spent, even though my ex and I did not get along during the session. My daughter had her first session earlier in the week. It is sad for me to see such a young child - my young child - in counseling already. But at the same time, I know that she has been hurt - and I would rather deal with that hurt now than have her hold it into adulthood.

She is back to her sweet curious self. Amazing what a few simple changes can do. I feel all she really needs is to be loved and held and adored.

No comments:

Post a Comment