Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Forgiveness

I love this passage from the Koran because it says what I have always thought about forgiveness. One of the thing that irritated me about Christianity was that I felt like many people abused forgiveness.

I think this verse applies to people as well. Why forgive someone over and over for the same thing?

“Forgiveness is only incumbent on Allah toward those who do evil in ignorance (and) then turn quickly (in repentance) to Allah. These are they toward whom Allah relenteth. Allah is ever Knower, Wise.

The forgiveness is not for those who do ill deeds until, when death attendeth upon one of them, he saith: Lo! I repent now, nor yet for those who die while they are disbelievers. For such we have prepared a painful doom.”

Surah IV women 17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment