Sunday, March 28, 2010

Wonderful Trip

We had a really wonderful trip to the beach. It really could not have gone better, especially where we are all coming from.

It was a long drive both ways, so I had a lot of time to think. I stopped and bought a ton of groceries along the way and I cooked most dinners - and we went out for lunch most of the days.

I had a lot of very long and productive talks with my husband. We probably talked better than we have in years. From everything to our relationship, to our children's education to our children's sexuality...

I feel very good about the space that we are in. I am very grateful to my friends for allowing us to use their home. It was a very spacious and healing place for all of us.

The kids could not have been happier. I think it was very good to have both their mom and dad there - and there was no fighing, arguing or stress.

This is where I hoped we would end up - and where I hope we will stay.

I was thinking on the way home that both of the men I married have never tried to make me anything that I am not. And I will forever be grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment