Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Whores

I had a thought today. I started the blog under a pen name so it would be anonymous, protect my privacy - mostly from my ex-husband - and his and his father's anonymity. But since my ex is reading the blog, and it no longer seems to be anonymous by any means, I am thinking that I should just use my real name.

I have nothing to be ashamed of. Why not?

I received another 100 text messages from my ex-husband today. Most of them consisting of calling me a "tramp" and a "whore", or something along those lines.

I decided to look back at one of my favorite, empowering books: Cunt.

I spent most of my life living as a "good girl." I did all the things I was supposed to do. This did not protect me from being called a cunt, bitch, whore, tramp or whatever else when I was not doing whatever a certain man in my life thought I should be doing.

I am really intrigued by the idea of language and how we use our words to control people. This book was one of the more enlightening books I have ever read.

Cunt: a declaration of independence by Inga muscio


"Whoredom is a massive part of our history and power as women. When fully instructed in the art of sacred sexual power, Whores are the people who can teach us all the stuff we grow up not learning about sexuality, our bodies and our innate sexual power. Our cultural ignorance and intolerance of Whores keeps Whores from realizing the full potential of Whoredom. It likewise robs women and men of Teachers who can help us understand women's sexual power." (78)

"Whores were a central part of religion, spirituality and everyday life in times when the Goddess- a truly sexual being- was overtly worshiped. It took a lot of work, study, devotion and commitment to become one of the Goddess's sexual priestesses. People were free to visit the temple of Whores, and did so to learn, to love, to open up physically, to heal." (78)

"Mary Magdalene was a Whore and Jesus dug her because she taught him the most sacred thing a man can ever hope to learn in his lifetime: how to fuck. Stud that he was, Jesus knew how to humble himself to this woman. In Jesus' time, Whores were still prophets of sexual power. They taught people how the physical body is a conduit of energy. If Jesus was able to manifest the love in his heart in all the physical actions the bible alleges, Mary Magdalene was certainly one of the people in his life responsible for helping him figure out how to do it." (81-82)

"The measure of respect Whores receive is in direct proportion to the measure of respect all women receive. Until there is an established, respected place for Whores in this society, no woman will have an established, respected foundation of power.

Until there is a shift in consciousness about the potential of Whores, we will continue to live in a society which offers no formally acknowledge Teachers to awaken us to our power as sexual beings." (92)

Again,

"The measure of respect Whores receive is in direct proportion to the measure of respect all women receive. Until there is an established, respected place for Whores in this society, no woman will have an established, respected foundation of power.

No comments:

Post a Comment