Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Addicts are master-manipulators.

I have to constantly remind myself that I can not treat my ex like a "normal" person, and that's very hard.

In most of my life, I like to collaborate and cooperate with people. I enjoy working together with people, and the majority of my projects are based on collaboration.

However, when you try to interact with an addict this way, it only creates chaos. And no one is hurt more by that than children.

So after my ex cancelled his parenting time yet again at the last minute, I started creating a list.  I can't tell you how many of these lists I have started and stopped over the last 5+ years.  Usually, once he seems better for a few weeks, I stop.  But this time, I am not going to stop with the list.  Because black and white facts do not lie.

Wanting to believe the best in someone can be a killer when they are an addict.  For someone who only has his kids 25% to be unable to consistently pick them up when he does them on time or at all is telling.

So here it starts:

5/10-12 – I took kids his weekend
5/15 – missed parenting time
5/24 – did take kids
5/29 – missed parenting time
6/5 – did pick up kids
6/7-9 – missed parenting weekend
6/12 – missed parenting time 


"Any man can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a dad." ~Anne Geddes

No comments:

Post a Comment