Sunday, September 1, 2013

The syringe in my front yard


I am so beyond frustrated right now.

My daughter just found a syringe in our front yard, right out where she plays every day with her little friends.

While I feel safe for the most part in our neighborhood, this is very disturbing.

She excitedly (and innocently) brought it right up to my face.

The first thing that came to my mind was the cocaine we found together in our home that her dad left out in the same fashion.

Recklessly.  

There are bikes and scooters scattered all across our yard.  But I suppose if a father, who knows his kids are there in his home can't save his reckless addiction for later, I can't expect a stranger to.

Not thinking of anyone else - kids included - in their own fix.

I suppose my ex would rather show up late (or not at all) for his minimal visits, not pay child support and refuse to take a drug and alcohol test - and then deny the children passports to Norway where we could live a much better life.

There is no end to the recklessness and the selfishness of addiction.

Right now I am just really angry.

This doesn't have to be the reality of my children.  But I suppose it is familiar (and somehow comforting) to my ex and his rich, entitled family.

No comments:

Post a Comment