Thursday, November 17, 2011

Chakra Work

My sister encouraged me to do chakra work years ago, but I was not ready for it. It seemed to out there and new age to me. I purchased several meditation CD's but I could barely listen to them without laughing.

Luckily, I did not throw them away. I have worked into a place where I am ready to develop this part of myself. It perhaps started with the Kundalini Yoga I have been doing these last years. Both practices have been so helpful in grounding and healing my life.

I received a compliment last week from one of the mothers of my daughter's friends. She said, "Everything about you is just so joyful. You just exude happiness."

I think I will always treasure that remark. It has not always been so.


"Learning about the chakras gives you access to your programmed responses so you can minimize their negative effects and maximize the positive ones."

"A chakra is a spinning vortex of activity created by the presence of consciousness within the physical body. These vortices exist within what is called the subtle body - a hidden field of energy that carries your urges, emotions and habits, as well as the imprints of all that has happened to you...chakras are centers of organization for the reception, assimilation and expression of life force energy."

- Anodea Judith, Chakra Balancing

No comments:

Post a Comment