Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Coming to an End

I haven't posted much lately because I haven't had much to say, really.

The mission of the blog for me was to find answers and hopefully, peace.

I have decided to leave the blog up, in case my experience can be helpful to anyone else.

But really, my advice to anyone who is in the same situation is, get away from the addict.

You will never find peace with an addict.

If you try to "help" them, no matter how good your intentions may be, they will only pull you down into their own deep, dark hole. And it will take a long time for you to even figure out what happened.

The only situation is to let the addict figure things out for themselves and get help when they are ready.

That may sound harsh, but it's true.

I have finally found peace in my life and I am grateful for that.

The only way to maintain it is to have as little contact with him as possible. While this is difficult since we have children together, I can only advise others to limit contact only to what is absolutely necessary. An addict will only drain your time and energy.

I have no intention of ever having contact with my former father-in-law again. And, if I see the signs of addiction in anyone else, I will quickly terminate the relationship. There is simply nothing good that can come out of a relationship with an addict.

It all comes down to how much you love yourself. When you truly love yourself, you will not accept abuse from anyone.

The only thing you can expect from addict is abuse - because that is all they know.

My hope for all of us is that we can learn to live for ourselves so that we, and our children, can have better lives.

I probably won't post much from here on out, but if I find something helpful, I will definately post it.

Peace to you, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment